Friday, November 26, 2010

Enviro Charity Fashion Show

Okay, so this is my very first design contest experience. I actually backed out a week before since i didn't have enough time for it. But when the competition week came in, I just felt that sudden urge of joining. So 4days before it, i decided to join since i had the weekend to work on my piece. I really just wanted to complete my SoFA experience since i'll be finishing my certificate course soon. I also wanted to know how it felt like to join a contest, meet other contestants, see their creations, and more importantly, participate in a charity event. I also wanted to push my self to do something challenging so i would also know how much i can do and what else i can do to become better in the future. I didn't win but the experience was all worth it and i'm really proud of my entry. It looked more PROM-ish than eco-friendly, but i still love it. Special thanks to my friends Au and Eleanor, for helping me out and to Sir Danilo Franco for the comments and suggestions. :)

Sometimes all you really need to do is go out of your comfort zone and do something extraordinary, it could be risky, but it's how you learn from the experience. :)

Materials:
Chiffon Fabrics in shades of yellow and orange
Abaca Fibers
Abaca ropes
Aluminum Foil
Wooden Beads



Materials
                                                                       Back Details
                                                               with SoFA contestants

Congratulations to all the winners, Ruben, Alvin, Nino, Dan, and Nicky! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment