Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sketches and Things

The other night, it took me about 3 hours to finish two 10-inch full figures for our midterms project in Fillus 1. I've been used to sketching without faces, legs and arms for my designs so I kind of had a hard time making my lines and proportions accurate. I guess another reason why it took me so long to finish is because I don't really draw unless I need to. Drawing isn't really my hobby. Or, atleast it was when I was a kid.
Our project was basically about creating full figures in swimsuits and we were only allowed to use black- no shading, no other colors. It was quite challenging considering that I've always been dependent on color.


For our exam the following day, we did three full figures in different sizes. The exam was about proportion. If it took me 3 hours to do my project, I'm glad I was able to finish all three figures in 1 1/2 hours.Talk about adrenaline rush! Phew!
 Here are my drawings for our exam. Black and white full figures in catsuits. The 2nd drawing's a 15inch full figure while the others are smaller versions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment