Friday, March 18, 2011

Chiffon and the Sheer Trend

 
Thanks to Au for my pics! :)
 
chiffon trapeze top, made by me,
boyfriend jeans from 168 Mall, 
platform wedges from Char;es and Keith,
accessories from my secret place

I used to know of chiffon only as fabrics used for gowns... Those stiff, itchy fabrics matched with laces and ribbons. I remember owning few pieces of these flower girl dresses in this fabric. I even used to envy my friend Olive because she had more flower girl dresses than I did (haha). Every time we would hang-out at her place, I would always open her closet and stare at her flower girl dresses. Many little girls don't appreciate wearing these itchy dresses, but I did. But with the new technologies in the textile industry, better qualities of chiffon fabrics are now available in the market. And prints and textures have only become and are still becoming better and better. Following this advanced technology in the textile industry is a fashion trend that's still one of the hottest this year. If you noticed, I've been using and wearing more of this fabric lately. They're just more of my style now. :)

My Mom just sent me fabrics from Brunei, two of which are of this kind! 
Can't wait to turn them into clothes! :)



The Sheer/ See-through Trend

 
from Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment