Sunday, August 14, 2011

Trend Report: Ombre

I know it's been a while since the Obmre trend came out as a fresh trend at Fashion Week and it even became a popular hair trend among Hollywood celebrities. But how I came-up with this look still has something to do with my resourcefulness. As I've mentioned in my previous blog post, I'm currently on a shopping ban and up to this day, I'm sticking-up to it. And I don't have plans of dropping my self-made rule until the month ends. So what's a girl to wear to a black and silver semi-formal party if all she has in her closet are colorful clothes and she's not allowed to shop either? Oh well, I survived my dilema somehow by accident or shall I say, coincidence. I've been thinking about what to wear to Kar Sison's 18th birthday since she already specified in her invitation that all her visitors should wear black or silver. So as I looked into my "baul" of fabrics for something useful, I was so happy that I had this gradient fabric. I bought it not so long ago during one of my trips to the famous "Palakpak" of Divisoria. I've actually forgotten about this fabric which I got for less than P50 a yard (what a great find!). I regret buying only 2 yards though but I thank myself for always stocking-up on random attractive fabrics. So anyway, here's the instant dress I made for myself. I had to do a simple pattern since I made the dress the day before I left for Manila. I'll post photos from Kar's birthday soon! :)


More of the Ombre trend.... :)
 
Gwyneth Paltrow wearing Versace

 
Julia Stiles wearing Monique Lhuillier


No comments:

Post a Comment