Sunday, October 28, 2012

White's Hot: Modern Glam

Styling a piece of white clothing is easy since it's the safest color to pair with anything. The possibilities are endless when you start with a white item in your closet as the key piece. But styling gets a little more challenging when you're doing it for someone else. If you ask me to style this white peplum top, I'd probably wear it with either floral shorts or pants and color-block platforms because that's basically my style. It's different though when you're styling for someone else. Aside from knowing the personality of the person you're styling for, you should also know basic things such as the career and lifestyle of that person.

If I were to style a white look for somebody like Solenn Heussaff using this white top, I'd go for a modern glam look since that's what's perfect for her kind of person, knowing that she's an "It girl". I thought of a look that's hot and sexy but at the same time, glamorous so I paired the white top with red velvet shorts. Aside from being an actress, Solenn's also a designer, a painter and a make-up artist so I thought she'd love to wear an ensemble with little surprises here and there. For the accessories, I put on a black belt on the waist to emphasize the silhouette and to add a little contrast to the look. The neck portion of the top has a cut-out detail already so I decided to use my gold collar necklace so the detail won't be covered or over-powered by a heavy neck accessory. And finally for a clean finish, I decided to wear my nude pumps with laser cuts to still keep the look interesting and despite the neatness and sophistication..

Photos by Junzel





 What I Wore:
peplum top and velvet shorts from Bangkok,
pumps from Charles and Keith

 *This post is my entry for the White's Hot Fashion Face-Off--- http://facebook.com/WhitesHotPH


No comments:

Post a Comment