Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Favorite Fashion Trends from 2010

Before I finally close my chapter 2010, let me recall 15 of my favorite fashion trends which have become part of my exciting journey throughout the year. I'm not really the trendy type but somehow, my style also gets influenced by some trends. How I dress-up defines my design aesthetic for Binkydoodles as well. My line is actually just an extension of my own closet. And designing gives me fulfillment because it makes me the feel like I have a lot of clothes without actually owning them. I love clothes that can go from day to night, or the ones which can be worn in several occasions and can be mixed and matched with other wardrobe staples. Most of my clothes are my own designs and I love wearing them with my favorite brands or with my fabulous cheap finds.

Tiered Skirt
lunch with friends, Megamall (March 2010)

pleated white top and chiffon tiered skirt from Binkydoodles,
sandals from Chelsea,
black leather bag from Liz Claiborne


Jumpsuit
Club Paraw, Boracay (April 2010)

purple jumpsuit from Binkydoodles,
slip-ons from Matthews CMG,
Turquoise bracelets from my secret place


Cover-up
off to helmet diving, Boracay (2010)

chiffon cover-up from Binkydoodles,
bikini from Roxy,
shorts from Greenhills


Florals
island hopping- Concepcion, Iloilo (May 2010)

 floral dress from Binkydoodles,
white flip flops from Havaianas,
shades from Cole Haan



 Electric Pleats
backstage girl at the PFW, SMX Convention Center (June 2010)
 printed satin electric pleated skirt from Binkydoodles,
ruched top from Greenhills,
leather bag from Sunrich,
Eiffel Tower necklace from my secret place


Shift Dress
PFW Holiday 2010, SMX Convention Center, (June 2010)

 shift dress from Binkydoodles,
shoes from Charles and Keith,
black clutch from Mom



Lace
SoFA, with Kim wearing my project (August 2010)
 black turtleneck top from Landmark,
satin lace skirt made by me,
flats from Ichigo,
accessories from my secret place



Distressed Denim Shorts
SoFA, with Kim wearing my project (September 2010)

 floral polo shirt from Binkydoodles,
denim shorts from 168 Mall,
red leather flats from Bass,
accessories from my secret place



High-waisted Shorts
Brunei (September 2010)

 cardigan from Tutuban Mall,
gray top from Surplus Shop,
high-waisted shorts from Binkydoodles,
silver bow flats from Nine West,
accessories from my secret place


Blazer
Brunei (September 2010)

 faded denim blazer from 168 Mall,
black tank top from 168 Mall,
drawstring pants from Zara,
bag and shoes both from Charles and Keith



Large Bow
Furne One Gala Show, Shangrila Hotel (October 2010)
 Watercolor print bow dress from Binkydoodles,
leather bag from Liz Claiborne,
sandals from Nine West,
accessories from my secret place




  Bib Details
PFW Spring/Summer 2011, SMX Convention Center (October, 2010)
 embellished dress from Forever21, 
green leather bag from Fossil, 
sandals from Charles and Keith,
Jade bracelet from Mom


High-waist Trousers
PFW Spring/Summer 2011, SMX Convention Center (October 2010)

 pleated top from Forever21,
high-waist trousers made by me,
peeptoe platforms from Nine West,
clutch from Mom,
accessories from my secret place



Studded Gladiators
Enviro Charity Fashion Show, CSB (November 2010)
floral jumpsuit from Forever21,
black cover-up from Memo,
sandals from Charles and Keith,
turquoise bracelets and necklace from my secret place



Classic Pumps
SoFA Christmas Party, Il Ponticello (December 2010)
top, skirt, headband, gloves, anklets all made by me,
vintage sling bag from Parisian,
studded classic pumps from Forever21


Time flies so fast and fashion evolves with it. Trends do come and go and if last year was a year of particular trends, this year will be a set of another one. New trends may come-up or old trends may just resurface. We don't always have to go with what's current or what's now. What really matters is that we make good memories by living with the best of what we have. So if you could live in style, why not live and love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment